Hello
Before I left my most recent full-time job, my manager said that I have brought unique personality to the industry. Growing up, I did feel different among my peers - which got me feeling insecure. However in recent years I have allowed myself to embrace it. I have now got the confidence that I stand out among others, and I would do things the majority would not do.
Years of my life is full of the need to achieve. Good grades at school, first-class degree, good job with competitive packages, this and that qualifications, running full marathon, multiple Hyrox races. One unhealthy thought I am still trying to work on: "If you are not pretty, at least try to achieve". Until recently I have been constantly thinking of when this is going to be enough.
Strangely enough, I have spent most of my life not wanting to show any of what I have done - even to my loved ones. I am myself still figuring out why. Perhaps that insecurity is still there. I have prepared a template answer whenever I meet someone new who is trying to get in touch further. "Sorry I don't have Instagram, but you can contact me through WhatsApp". Something that may change soon, after I met my mom's friend couple of days ago.
For now, this is me re-hashing the page I created 15 years ago. It was for a series of journals I had to write for my music class in high school, and I have got couple of my former colleagues who found my videos of playing flute. And now you would expect me to show you the journey I have not really shown to the world over the years.
So let's get started.
Years of my life is full of the need to achieve. Good grades at school, first-class degree, good job with competitive packages, this and that qualifications, running full marathon, multiple Hyrox races. One unhealthy thought I am still trying to work on: "If you are not pretty, at least try to achieve". Until recently I have been constantly thinking of when this is going to be enough.
Strangely enough, I have spent most of my life not wanting to show any of what I have done - even to my loved ones. I am myself still figuring out why. Perhaps that insecurity is still there. I have prepared a template answer whenever I meet someone new who is trying to get in touch further. "Sorry I don't have Instagram, but you can contact me through WhatsApp". Something that may change soon, after I met my mom's friend couple of days ago.
For now, this is me re-hashing the page I created 15 years ago. It was for a series of journals I had to write for my music class in high school, and I have got couple of my former colleagues who found my videos of playing flute. And now you would expect me to show you the journey I have not really shown to the world over the years.
So let's get started.

Comments
Post a Comment